Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
778751 Job Summary
Sr Terminal Associate
Employer Job Id:
June 29, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 28, 2012
Sr Terminal Associate
[Company] is seeking a Sr. Terminal Associate for our Baltimore, MD location.
- [Company] is one of the world's largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry. We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials and a range of building products including concrete pipes, concrete pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- We are part of the[Company] , which employs 53,000 people across five continents and has leading positions in concrete and heavy building products and is the global leader in aggregates.
- Be involved in and aware of all aspects of the day to day terminal operation.
- Participates in the loading and unloading of cement products from or to ships, barges, railcars or bulk trucks; coordinates bulk loading activities with customer drivers and sales personnel. Inspects railcars and bulk trucks prior to loading. Operates locomotive, loader or car puller to move or position railcars in place for loading or unloading or to transfer railcars to switching tracks. Operates controls to convey proper cement product to railcar or bulk truck. Closes hatches on railcars and seals.
- Responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled accurately. Promptly addresses customer concerns and refers more complex problems to supervisor for resolution.
- Ensures shipping and receiving paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the unloading and/or transfers of bulk material or cement products from ships and/or railcars to silos or other storage containers.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on terminal equipment.
- Performs housekeeping of the facility.
- Follows all safety policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in cement or related industry a plus
- Prior material handling experience strongly preferred
- Must have proven mechanical and electrical ability; PLC experience is a plus
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, hardware and software, with computers; MS Office products and SAP preferred
- Clerical skills a plus
- Willing and capable of working extended hours and weekends if needed
- Capable of accessing heights - top of railcars, stairways to silo top elevations, etc.
- Capable of lifting up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass TSA security requirements to obtain TWIC card.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow safe working practices in a team environment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List