- DIDO residential role
- Career progression and development!
- Excellent benefits on offer to the successful candidate!
My client is a large and diversified global mining organization with operation across many different countries throughout the world. Within Australia they operate both open cut and underground coal mining projects and with their unique brand can offer employees the career path and progression that people look for along with the opportunity to work on exciting mining projects.
Due to the company’s current success and growth plans they now have opportunities for mechanical engineers at one of their underground mining projects.
This role will involve reporting to the engineering superintendent along with managing the mechanical engineering tasks, maintenance planning and execution of works in accordance with mining budgeting plans.
The responsibilities of the mechanical engineer include:
- Maintain compliance with legislative and environmental requirements to all works undertaken.
- To make sure that all completed works are done utilizing risk assessments.
- Work within the organizations policies and procedures.
- Planning and coordinate works in an efficient manner which may also require organizing contractor works.
- Prioritize and efficiently manage all mechanical engineering works for underground mining projects.
- Liaise closely with the engineering superintendent undertake tasks and projects set out along with providing assistance with the budgeting process.
- Manage and audit maintenance plans.
The requirements of this mechanical engineer role include:
Degree or diploma qualification in mechanical engineering or related discipline.
Minimum of 5 years experience in the maintenance and operations of underground mining systems.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability manage personnel on site.
Beneficial to have strong project management and planning skills.
DIDO residential role.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia.
There is an excellent remuneration package available to the successful candidate.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.