WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
The Project Engineer will contribute to Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor management throughout the project phases from design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning to start-up of the completed projects ensuring successful and timely project completion. The role will be responsible for assisting in driving the completion of all projects’ deliverables, procurement processes and construction of projects on time and on budget, ensuring that all deliverables are met.
This position provides the opportunity to take ownership and supervise work for large scale, high budget, complex projects. You will be able to develop your problem solving and troubleshooting skills in a position which combines technical activity, communications skills, strategy and issue resolution.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Supervise, appraise and coordinate EPC activities to produce contractual deliverables, ensuring that the contractor performs diligently all its obligations under the contract (safety, quality, cost and schedule)
• Coordinate all interfaces and information management between the contractor and all internal parties involved
• Foster a productive and open communication with the project management team and other Horizon teams that may influence or may be influenced by project activities
• Support and oversee the planning and development of:
o Execution plans
o Scopes of work
o Schedules and budgets
• Implement lessons learned to improve plant operations
• Participate in the selection of suppliers and construction contractors, as required
• Work directly with and provide timely direction and input to construction contractors to ensure they meet the technical requirements stated on the engineering deliverables, and to solve technical issues in the field
In the absence of the Project Manager, specific accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate the efforts of the Contractors selected to execute work on the Project, ensuring that the Contractor performs diligently all his obligations under the contract, relating to safety, quality, schedule and cost
• Manage communications with the Contractor, for instructions that may affect Scope of Work, Schedule, Costs and/or applicable standards and specifications
• Coordinate the participation of the various Canadian Natural groups, ensuring that input to the Contractor is adequate and timely
• Ensure that adequate evaluations of the Project are performed with the participation of qualified personnel during the sessions (internal and external, if required), that all resulting actions are pursued and resolved, and documents are updated
• Ensure that routine weekly meetings with the Contractor and Project Team are conducted
• Review and recommend approvals and circulate documents that require Grant of Authority (GOA)
Positions available in the following areas:
• Mature Fine Tailings (MFT)
• Utilities and Offsites
• Typically 15+ years of related industry experience with Engineering degree (Mechanical preferred)
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Managing large Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects within the Oil and Gas industry
o Working with and directing large International Contractors and EPC firms
o Working in a Northern or International environment
o Diverse Project and Construction Management, providing you with a common-sense approach to your work
o Utilizing communication and leadership as key skills
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.