Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
779379 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
St. Louis, MO
June 30, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 29, 2012
- The main purpose of this position is to assist with month-end/year-end close process and various special projects. This position supports the company’s obligation to report meaningful and reliable information in accordance with GAAP and SOX.
- Gather information from various corporate departments, operating companies and record the resulting journal entries.
- Responsible for working with international locations, including preparing/assisting with monthly close, currently China and Mongolia, and preparing associated account reconciliations.
- Prepare/review intercompany reconciliations during month-end close.
- Prepare monthly management package schedules and variance explanations for senior management – Miscellaneous Receivables, Coal inventories and Materials & Supplies.
- Perform balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations.
- Research and prepare unclaimed property filings.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for cash receipt accounts.
- Prepare audit schedules and variance explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Research and provide information to personnel at various levels within the company as requested for special projects.
Required Skills, Functional Knowledge, and Experience (required at a minimum to perform the job effectively):
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Financial statement and accounting analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple / simultaneous tasks.
- Organized, attentive to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality.
- SAP experience is strongly preferred; Strong computer skills (Excel / Word)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
Required Minimal Education (or equivalent):
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience
Desired Skills, Education, Experience, and Certification (if any):
- Accounting degree
- CPA and/or MBA
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List