Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
779518 Job Summary
Piping Designer, PDMS
Employer Job Id:
July 4, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 29, 2012
Piping Designer, PDMS
Piping Designer, PDMS (#242243)
We are currently seeking a Piping Designer, PDMS to work in Vancouver, BC.
Scope of Work:
Senior PDMS Piping Designer is responsible for piping design of Chemical and / or Acid Plants.
- Produce process flow diagrams, civil criteria, piping arrangements and isometrics, and more using DRAFT software.
- Review and or check vendor and sub-contractor documents for, errors, suitability for purpose, compliance with design criteria and good engineering practice.
- Analyze P&I's for pipe process requirements and prioritize pipes to be routed based on pipe size, material and fluid.
- Route pipe using company and/or clients pipe specifications for component selection.
- Determine pipe inline items requiring plant operator access for maintenance and/or operation and route or detail access platforms to provide acceptable access.
- Place instrumentation in pipe using criteria for operational requirements from instrumentation data sheet and company standards.
- Review piping systems for safety using company and industry standards and regulations pertaining to hazardous material handling.
- Assistance to mechanical contractor during construction.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of 3D PDMS, PDS or other 3D software.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work to time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
- 8 or more years design/drafting experience in pipe design in chemical and / or acid plant layout and piping.
- Certification in Applied Science Technology or equivalent.
- Ability to work with 2D Draft software.
- Sound mechanical aptitude / understanding.
- MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- This position may also require travel to international sites from time to time so individual must be able to travel freely without any restrictions as it relates to criminal records, or eligibility to enter into foreign countries.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List