Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
779522 Job Summary
Cost Engineer – Horizon Oil Sands Major Projects
Employer Job Id:
June 30, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
July 10, 2012
Cost Engineer – Horizon Oil Sands Major Projects
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
To support the growth of Canadian Natural's Horizon Oil Sands, this position may be assigned or require business travel to various contractor workplaces during project phases for extended periods. Domestic locations may include Edmonton, Alberta and Vancouver, British Columbia. International locations may include Europe, Asia and the United States.
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years. The Cost Engineer is an integral part of growth strategy and you will have the opportunity to:
• Develop and maintain cost control budgets, ensuring costs remain updated and in line with wider project objectives
• Provide independent forecast completion costs based on trends including:
o productivity measurement earned value
o labour rate analysis
o change management
o schedule impacts and material cost variances
• Ensure proactive use of Canadian Natural resources to establish and maintain the project cost systems from engineering through to construction phases of the project
• Interface with other Project Groups, including Project Management, Supply Chain and Finance
• Participate in establishing and maintaining the various Project Control tools that Canadian Natural employs, such as Master Schedules, CPM networks, progress measurement, cost engineering reporting and cost forecasting systems
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
Contribute your project cost control experience to a multi-phase plant expansion, developing your career in the following areas:
• Lead the preparation and maintenance of the Cost Systems and various cost exercises for the project
• Analyze progress, manpower and performance information to support effective project management
• Generate, develop and implement the Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) process
• Lead in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommend appropriate modifications and revisions
• Understand technical EPC documentation to keep project budgets up to date and in line with project objectives
• Work in close cooperation with Project Manager ensuring
o Proactive direction is given to the contractor
o Reporting of deviations proactively to affected stakeholder
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with engineering degree or other technical designation
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in an oil sands, field, mining, refining or project environment
o Industry specific applications (ie. Primavera P3ec, Prism) and in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
o Project/Business Management Principles and Concepts
o Including identification of feasible/logical solutions in the absence of procedures or limited guidelines
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List