Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
780278 Job Summary
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Employer Job Id:
July 3, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 1, 2012
Senior Human Resources Generalist
[Company] is seeking a dynamic Senior Human Resources Generalist, with strategic HR and organizational development skills, to join our high-performance, growth-focused consulting firm in Denver, CO. In this key role, you will manage the day-to day-operations of [Company] HR policies, procedures and programs for our Rocky Mountain Business Unit, which currently includes 100 employees in six offices in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas and Arizona. You will be responsible for providing coaching and consultative support to employees and Partners, developing talent management solutions to attract and retain employees, while also managing the employee relations, benefits, and relocation/payroll process. In addition, the ideal candidate will build key relationships, effect culture change, provide leadership coaching, and help our leadership team proactively address the various HR implications of a growing business.
This is a great opportunity for an HR professional to make an impact with a global sustainability leader in an exciting industry!!!
- Support the identification of emerging leaders, Partners in Training, and high potential employees.
- Help managers create meaningful career paths and job development plans to build the skills of existing employees.
- Support successful implementation of Career Framework and ensure ongoing conversations about career aspirations and necessary development.
- Determine learning needs and implement targeted solutions.
- Facilitate enrollment, set-up, vendor management for face-to-face and WebEx/go-to training within the business unit.
- Leverage ERM Academy and other resources.
- Coach managers to effectively provide feedback and to help grow People Leadership Skills.
- Facilitate the roll-out of [Company] annual performance process in coordination with the division’s HR and finance teams.
- Provide coaching to managers on writing and conducting effective goals and/or evaluations (BSCs).
- Coach Managers to write and deliver meaningful and appropriate reviews for their direct reports.
- Ensure reviews are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist Partners and managers with decisions regarding increases and bonuses.
- Facilitate delivery and interpretation of annual engagement survey and 360 reviews to help develop appropriate action plans.
HR Policy And Administration:
- Support the implementation of ERM’s strategy, including our 3-D approach of integrating practice, sector, and geographic business priorities.
- Provide HR policy interpretation and guidance for risk management, being the primary point of contact between the Division HR Manager and [Company] Legal team as necessary.
- Coordinate the annual benefits enrollment process for the division with the [Company] Group Benefits Manager.
- Assist employees in planning for Leaves of Absences and coordinate as necessary with payroll.
- Assist with administration of other benefit programs including Workers Compensation, Private Medical Insurance and disability.
- Develop, maintain and implement diversity programs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of provincial and federal employment law and legal requirements to mitigate employee relations issues and risk and ensure compliance.
- Update Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiling reports as needed.
- Ensure successful completion of pre-employment screening processes for new employees.
- Create and maintain personnel and training files in compliance with regulatory standards and client requirements.
- Work with Health & Safety to ensure compliance with client requests for background checks medical surveillance.
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding activities for all business unit new hires:
- Liaise between division leadership and Regional Recruitment team to successfully onboard new hires.
- Develop terms of offer and assist division HR administrator with generation of offers.
- Notify IT, division HR administrator, payroll coordinator and others as required of all new hires.
- Ensure new hire paperwork is created and sent to the employee in a timely manner.
- Develop integration plans and conduct orientations with hiring manager, division IT and other resources.
- Ensure integration plans are implemented and set new hires up for success.
- Provide input on workforce planning, including staffing needs, new job profiles, rotational assignments, and promotions.
- Prepare reporting metrics for leadership; examples include retention and turnover metrics.
- Interpret compensation surveys and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Provide due diligence and/or merger integration support.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Handle employee relations issues, including employee and manager coaching and counseling, performance improvement plan development and support, termination planning and execution, and outplacement counseling.
- Conduct exit interviews, gathering trends to identify new opportunities.
- Assist with other special projects/requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial and labor relations or college diploma/graduate certificate in human resources management, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of professional HR experience, with focus on organizational development, HR administration, change management, benefits, employment law, and employee relations.
- PHR or SPHR or specialized HR training preferred.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with diverse and distributed employee population, and to operate in a matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List