Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
780335 Job Summary
Maintenance Mechanic A
Employer Job Id:
July 3, 2012
September 1, 2012
Maintenance Mechanic A
- Dyno Nobel , a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel .
- The Donora, PA plant is currently undergoing a transition utilizing a new maintenance management system (SAP plant maintenance) aimed at controlling costs and improving equipment reliability. In addition, investments in the plant infrastructure, training and processes, require skills in chemical plant safety, preventative and predictive maintenance procedures and root cause analysis.
- There are two process mechanic openings in the Maintenance Department. Mechanic position(s) are union and report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- At all times adhere to health, safety, and environmental protection initiatives/policies, and support the implementation of the DN HSE Management System to ensure personal safety and the safety of all employees, company assets, and environment and regulatory compliance.
- Repair and maintain plant piping, vessels, valves and rotating equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Manage equipment maintenance history and work orders in SAP to assure timely maintenance task completion.
- Document parts and supplies usage to assure parts and supplies are readily available.
- Safe operation of maintenance shop equipment and tools.
- Troubleshoot process equipment and systems.
- Understand and perform lockout tagout (LOTO).
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and to communicate clearly in writing as well as verbally to operations and the leadership team.
- Perform basic mathematical problems.
- Apply sound analytical and organizational skills.
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
- High school graduate or GED and a graduate of a technical school / military training or apprenticeship program, specializing in pipefitting, millwright or automated equipment mechanic required.
- Five(5) years of demonstrated maintenance experience in a chemical plant or refinery process.
- Own and have available a set of basic hand tools as prescribed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Willing to work overtime and respond to call out work as required by the plant. Plant turnarounds may require 12 – 16 hr. days several times per year.
- Credentials and references to substantiate experience and skills.
- Must pass requirements to wear a respirator.
- Demonstrated working experience, apprentice training and or knowledge and understanding in one of the following disciplines: Pipefitting, Millwright, Automated Equipment Mechanic.
- Working experience troubleshooting processes and equipment in a chemical plant or refinery.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work as a team.
- Welding certifications - pipe and or structural.
- Ability to run a lathe, mill and other shop equipment.
- Demonstrated working experience, knowledge and understanding of rotating equipment.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and P&ID’s.
- Experience with precision measurement and alignment equipment like micrometers and dial indicators.
- Knowledge of mechanical power transmission equipment.
- Pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS windows)
- Prioritize and manage time effectively
- PLC fundamentals, controls and instrumentation skills are a plus.
- Electrical knowledge a plus
Environment & Physical Conditions:
- Standing: 2-7 hours per day.
- Walking: 2-4 hours per day.
- Lifting: 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climbing: Stairs and/or ladders daily.
- Ability to work at extended heights using proper safety equipment
- Chemical manufacturing environment
- Requires working outside in all weather conditions
- High noise areas requiring ear protection
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List