Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
780423 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 3, 2012
MWH Americas Inc.
September 1, 2012
- The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- Our Bellevue WA office has a need for an Administrative Assistant to assist Project Managers.
- Receives and dispatches incoming and interoffice calls. Greets and directs visitors. Performs a variety of office support duties and assists Project Managers and Project Coordinators in special project related tasks.
- Project Support – Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators on project related work as needed.
- Office Phones - answer/screen incoming calls and route to appropriate staff. Add new employees and remove exiting employees from the register. Report any malfunctions to the Customer Support Desk (cc: Sam Smith)
- Prepare Plan of the Day (POD) (employee’s taking PTO, out of office for meetings, travel, etc.)
- Update reception area TV reader board of visiting clients and staff from other MWH offices
- Keep current “visitor sign in/sign out” check list
- Greet all visitors and notify staff member(s) being visited
- Maintain Phone/Cell list according to new employees and exiting employees, Knet “My Office” site, front desk notebook
- Mail/Deliveries – Collect/open/date stamp and put in staff mail box. Coordinate outgoing/incoming delivery services (messenger, overnight). Deliver incoming packages to appropriate staff. Prepare federal express labels and coordinate shipping. Assist staff with outgoing faxes (as requested) and distribute to staff. Collection of personal postage cost.
- Meeting coordination, assist staff to reserve conference rooms
- Catering Orders – place orders (includes set up and breakdown of food tables). Obtain job number(s), cost code, meeting purpose and list of attendees and record on vendor invoice or attach typed list with this information.
- Copy Room – inventory office supplies and maintain office supply order list. Discuss any requests for non-standard items with manager. Stock supplies as received, organize and maintain. Keep copy room neat and orderly.
- Copiers/Printers – Order printer/copier/toner/paper on a weekly schedule. Minor troubleshooting; includes “hands on” assistance when needed. Notify vendor contact if more involved or problem continues. If it is a “scanning” issue, contact MWH Customer Support Desk.
- System(s) Malfunction (Server, Internet, Office Phones, Email) – Contact MWH Customer Support Desk when office systems are malfunctioning and keep office staff apprised of when service(s) will be up and running.
- Network Coordinator Assistance – Wipe clean any computers being returned to Dell. Prepare shipment of expired equipment. Track incoming and returned equipment. Tracking of expired maintenance agreements and notifying NC. Keep check out list for “Spare Laptop, Digital Camera, and In-focus.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff as requested (Concur)
- Type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as requested
- Keep server/phone room keys in a confidential location at front desk
- Notify building manager of any maintenance issues
- Cubicle/office clean out when employees leave MWH
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous experience on a multi-line phone system.
- High School Graduate, or equivalent, with good spelling, grammar and accurate typing skills, some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting Project Managers and Engineers in an environmental engineering environment
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities on projects with competing deadlines.
- Intermediate skills on hardware and software required (MS Office Suite including, Windows, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, ability to use office equipment (copier, postage, fax, etc.)
- Courteous and efficient phone manners. Clear speaking voice.
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of instructions. Aptitude to write a variety of correspondence from multiple staff members. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to internal and external clients.
- Capability to solve problems and carry out simple or detailed written or oral instructions.
- Physical requirements include, but are not necessarily limited to, ability to bend, reach, lift, and sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List