Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
780430 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 3, 2012
September 1, 2012
- Responsible for customer support, administration, and improvement of warehouse functions and shipping processes. Also responsible in supporting Distribution Center Supervisor in planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the activities of the Memphis Distribution Center. Participates in Memphis facility and operations discussions and directing daily departmental operations activities for the Memphis Distribution Center.
- Assure shipping operations are compliant with Rockwell Automation Policies, carrier requirements and legal standards.
- Supervise assigned personnel. Establish productivity and quality standards and appraise individual performance. Assure that all people receive proper training on the job, with safety procedures, hazardous materials, ISO 9001 requirements, and timely company issues.
- Identify and implement improvements to distribution center processes and procedures for optimizing cost reductions, customer service and productivity improvements, and safety enhancements in department.
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure service quality, inventory accuracy, optimization of storage space, and on-time delivery.
- Lead continuous improvement activities including process innovations, employee development, operations strategies, and other activities within the department.
- Provide input and prioritization to process improvement plans. Support implementation throughout the facility.
- Creates, updates, and publishes warehouse KPIs. Identifies and drives corrective action with the Memphis warehouse supervisor.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of cost reductions, service improvements, and productivity improvements.
- Ensures cost effective routings (inbound and outbound) while meeting or exceeding both business and customer expectations. Leverages corporate agreements to maximize freight savings.
- Participates in the investigation of transportation issues causing internal and/or external customer dissatisfaction. Administer programs to insure world class performance from the transportation suppliers.
- Champion 5-S activities within facility.
- Keep and report statistical performance measurements.
- Uses SAP to analyze, monitor, and measure the effectiveness of logistics activities and expenses.
- Serves as back-up support for shipping functions (non-standard shipment coordination, export documentation preparation).
- Provides analysis and reporting tools to support cycle counting functions.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will increase inventory accuracy. Manage and improve existing cycle count programs and provide analysis to determine root cause of errors and initiate corrective action.
- Provide analysis and improve existing methods for review and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory within U.S. facilities.
- Maintain effective communication with Order Services, Traffic, Production and Inventory Control, and related manufacturing functions to provide a leadership role in maximizing customer service. Establish communication links with Logistics groups, in other areas for efficient flow to the Distribution Center.
- This position could will be either first or second shift
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or Business
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in a production center
- Two or more years of experience in logistics, operations, materials management, etc.
- Experience in extracting and analyzing data using information system reporting tools such as SAP, Access, SQL, etc.
- Experience with manufacturing systems desirable.
- Must be open to growth opportunities that would entail relocation within 3-5 years
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List