Diversified Mining Services (DMS) is a leading provider of services to the Australian mining industry with extensive experience in the provision of services and equipment for the operation, maintenance and support of open cut and underground mining.
We are currently seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator to join our team at Grasstree Underground Coal Mine. Working Monday to Thursday you will be responsible for the coordination site based safety paperwork, employee training and induction programs.
Key responsibilities of the role will include but not limit to:
• Facilitate Site incidents/Accident Investigations to determine root cause and where possible assist in implementing effective procedures to mitigate a reoccurrence;
• Communicate to Management all safety and training related legislative requirements that will impact on the organization;
• Ensure all DMS personnel on site are adhering to the mine site safety procedures and policies;
• Ensure all DMS personnel are adequately trained to perform tasks and that all registers and personnel files are up to date and
• Proactively promote a genuine safety culture.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment;
• Formal qualifications in OH&S or relevant discipline or similar Health & Safety experience;
• A solid background in all aspects of safety procedures, JSA\'s and risk assessment (underground specific is essential);
• Previous experience in an underground mining environment in a Safety role;
• Knowledge of the Qld Coal Mining Legislation;
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills and
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and to lead and influence people (including internal customers and external suppliers).
DMS offers a wide range of employee benefits such as salary packaging options, corporate health insurance plans and discounted banking products.