Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
781263 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 4, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 2, 2012
- [Company] is seeking a qualified Corporate Recruiter. This position will reside at the corporate office in Irving (Las Colinas), Texas.
- The position of Recruiter will support corporate and field staffing goals by sourcing and identifying top talent for positions that reflect our industry.
- [Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- [Company] is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] Group employs some 54,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Serve as a talent advisor to hiring managers by informing staffing decisions with knowledge of the organization and expertise of external markets.
- Source passive candidates through networking, cold calling, and Internet research.
- Ensure open positions are posted internally and externally.
- Screen all candidates for availability, interest level, salary range, relocation needs, and basic qualifications and refer candidates for the next level of interviews.
- Schedule and coordinate interview activity.
- Arrange travel and lodging accommodations for applicants coming from distant locations.
- Conduct reference checks, communicate status of selection process to applicants, and extend employment offers.
- Maintain accuracy of candidate status in the applicant tracking system throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Lawfully utilize candidate assessments as selection tools.
- Conduct timely and accurate post-offer and on-boarding activities – background checks, drug tests, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of state/federal laws and company policies/procedures as they pertain to employment.
- Proactively establish and maintain contacts with professional organizations, industry organizations, universities, technical schools, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Coordinate and attend campus recruiting events at universities.
- Manage strategic partnerships with campus placement offices, student organizations, students, faculty and campus administration.
- Identify efficiencies, improvements, best practice trends, and game changing innovation for campus recruiting strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, business management or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years of recruiting experience with a proven track record of successfully key performance metrics (time-to-fill ratios, interview-to-hire ratios, etc.).
- Minimum of two years of experience using an Application Tracking System such as Vurv, Taleo, Kenexa.
- Combination of staffing agency and corporate recruiting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience conducting behavioral interviews.
- Demonstrated employment law and EEOC knowledge.
- College recruiting experience is preferred.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel to campus recruiting events.
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
- Internal and external customer and market management.
- Performance and result management.
- People management (i.e. management of subordinates’ performance and enabling teamwork).
- Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Establish trust and relationships.
- Entrepreneurial management (i.e. consideration of long-term risks and opportunities).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Sustainable management (i.e. compliance with laws and regulations).
- Professional competence (i.e. knowledge of the industry and cross-functional understanding).
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List