Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
781434 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 2, 2012
About the Job
Cronos Consulting Group is an Engineering Search firm. We headhunt for stellar individuals within these sectors: Infrastructure (Transportation, Water, Energy), Mining, Consulting (all disciplines), Power Generation (hydro, nuclear and renewable – wind, solar etc), Environmental and Petrochemical.
If you are poised for a new opportunity in Engineering in Canada, please visit us at
www.teamcronos.com or call us today!
Under supervision of the Chief Estimator, you would be responsible for estimating new and current construction projects from $2 million to Mega Projects.
- Microsoft Office products Excel and Word
- 10 years in the construction industry
- B.Eng or a technical/ vocational diploma in related discipline
- Experience with Public contracts and/or municipal works
- Valid driver's license
- Estimating and scheduling software -Hard Dollar and Primavera P6
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build, or general tender for a variety of large projects
- Review/analyze bid packages from subcontractors
- Responsible for reviewing design options and creating best practices based on cost, engineering quality and availability of materials
- Will interpret documentation, specifications and design drawings to define scope/contents of estimates.
- Assists with negotiations, contract clarifications, consultants, clients, venders and subcontractors
- Responsible for maintaining large working files as supporting documentation for estimating figures including current, accurate information on prices from venders through exclusive contact, marketing material and pre-existing price lists
- Accountable for analyzing each section for scope, pricing and clarifications
- Consideration of cost first principle
- Mentor junior estimators and support staff
- Accountable for representing the company in relations with business units, joint ventures, regulatory agencies, site personnel and new construction markets
- Prepare cost of projects
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List