Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
781485 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 4, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 2, 2012
- This position is responsible for researching, developing, writing, editing, standardizing, and maintaining procedural and technical information that supports specialized equipment in the mining and minerals industry.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Develop new procedures and write or modify existing procedures for erection, installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and operation of [Company] -designed equipment.
- Research, prepare, and write proposals, for both online and hardcopy submission.
- Edit work of coworkers.
- Communicate with [Company] personnel and customers to verify accuracy and readability of instructions.
- Provide technical assistance to the Engineering, Marketing, Spare Parts, Customer Service, Technology departments, and [Company] customers.
- Create and modify illustrations for instruction manuals.
- Represent the company in all settings, always conveying a professional image.
- Review published materials and recommending updates, as required, in accordance with established company policies, procedures, and editorial style standards.
- Observe and execute all job responsibilities in accordance with established company policies, procedures, and editorial standards.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Education And/or Experience:
- Two years minimum previous experience working as a technical writer preferred.
- Proven ability to write technical information clearly and concisely (required).
- A strong background in a technical field and/or two years progressive experience in mechanical or hydraulic engineering preferred.
- Some knowledge of standard procedures for erection, installation, operation, and maintenance of mechanical equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of standard procedures for erection, installation, operation, maintenance, and relocation of mechanical equipment preferred.
- Experience with single-source authoring tools preferred.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Language Skills: Candidates must have the following abilities:
- Speak and write fluent English.
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Write technical reports and correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, suppliers, clients, and customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills needed to communicate with coworkers, other departments, and customers.
- Fluency in other languages, such as Spanish, German, or French, is preferred but not essential.
- Mathematical Skills: Candidates must be able to interpret the following:
- Applied engineering mathematics.
- Statistical data.
- Business and economic analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Candidates must have the following abilities:
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Experience with the desktop publishing software, such as Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional
- Experience with a single-source authoring tool preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Solid Works preferred.
- Knowledge of structural mechanics, materials science, and materials capabilities.
- Strong time management skills in order to schedule and complete assigned work.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to complete work without supervision.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to follow up on pending and in-work tasks
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List