Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
781516 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
January 31, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
March 31, 2013
[Company] delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. [Company] portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
- 3rd shift
- 10:30 PM - 6:30 AM (Sunday - Thursday)
- Some daily and weekend overtime may be required.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Maintenance:
- Perform a wide variety of plant and office maintenance including but not limited to carpentry, painting, plumbing and pipefitting
- Layout, construct, modify and maintain machinery
- Dismantle, assemble and maintain equipment
- Install replacement parts using stock parts
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment (mechanical and electrical)
- May provide NC Control support as appropriate based upon skill set and experience
All employees are expected to:
- Must adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work environment.
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- 2 years related general maintenance knowledge including but not limited to carpentry, painting, coolants, lubrication and chip pulling
- Working knowledge of 480 Volt AC3 phase electric and proper use of Multimeter
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, seals and electric motors and controls is preferred
- Familiarity with NC controls and servo circuits is preferred
- Ability to properly use oscilloscope is preferred
- Trade school certificate preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List