Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
781526 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 27, 2012
- [Company] is the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina and is active in all major aspects of the industry.
- [Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of [Company] businesses as a single solution to customers.
- [Company] is an ISO9001, 2000 approved, non-union facility with approximately 400 employees that is equipped for the machining, roll stamping, finishing, coating and packaging of aluminum wheels. [Company] BCR utilizes CNC and automated processes to assure the integrity of the products produced.
- Manage the day to day operations of the production floor. Manages, directs and coordinates plant operations. Ensures achievement of company objectives by delegating authority to key supervisors in production, production control, methods, cost accounting, maintenance and other related operations. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Develop and direct the production process and shipment of the product at minimum cost consistent with customer requirements.
- Ensures Environmental Health and Safety leadership and direction are in place and effective within the Manufacturing facilities.
- Ensures on time delivery of quality product to our internal / external customers.
- Provides direction to Production, ABS and Maintenance, for the implementation of new processes and equipment, with the goal of reducing the cost and time required to meet customer demand.
- Ensure the planning, coordination and implementation of the eight stability tools, which are TPM, Daily Management, Problem Solving, Leader Standard Work, Suggestion System, Communication, Kaizen activities and Reward and Recognition at the location.
- Oversees scrap improvement activities within the location facilities.
- Ensures on time delivery of quality product to our external customers.
- Ensures the effective management of employee issues within the location
- Effectively manages operating costs.
- Ensures the planning and the optimum utilization of the workforce and equipment, despite constantly changing conditions caused by breakdowns, schedule changes, workforce availability, etc.
- Leads the Production team with inventory reduction activities as they relate to the location
- Leads Production and Maintenance to meet all productivity goals to include but not limited to GFPLH and OEE.
- Leads Production and Maintenance to meet or exceed cost savings metrics through the DI methodology. This would include both cash and productivity DI’s.
- Leads overall ABS implementation and ABS accountability
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or related field, or equivalent experience; graduate degree strongly desired.
- 7 - 10 years in plant operational management is required.
- Experience in a CNC shop is a plus.
- Demonstrated results in leading manufacturing excellence.
- Proven leadership skills that create an engaged employee environment.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Ability to drive improvement through implementation of the lean manufacturing principles, six sigma.
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing processes and working knowledge in all business activities (e.g., accounting, sales, marketing, quality systems, production planning, etc.).
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills, including using skills with groups of employees, managers, customers and general public.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List