Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
782129 Job Summary
National Health and Safety Advisor
Employer Job Id:
July 5, 2012
Golder Associates Inc.
September 3, 2012
National Health and Safety Advisor
- Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
- Golder Associates Inc . is currently recruiting for a National Health and Safety Advisor. This position will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective health and safety program that promotes regulatory compliance, education, client health and safety interface, incident investigation and program development. The successful candidate will report to the National Leader of Health Safety and Environment to establish and implement a nation-wide health and safety management system, and will work with other corporate and office staff to address technical and compliance issues across the company. Additional responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Managing the development and implementation of a Health Safety and Environment Management System (HSEMS) that includes health and safety procedures, strategies, and action plans that ensure corporate compliance with applicable regulations. Providing guidance and support to the respective Regional Leaders and Office Managers in implementing the GAI HSEMS within their regions and coordinating appropriate training for our employees.
- Aligning Golder’s health and safety system with state and federal standards/requirements. Ensuring compliance with regulatory compliance programs and practices.
- Develop and implement new programs including fatigue management, short-service employee management, journey management and others.
- Communicating regularly with Office Managers and GAIMS Coordinators regarding progress and new initiatives, and leading the implementation of GP-6 (Management of Health and Safety) in the company, conducting internal audits, and identifying areas for improvement.
Golder -Subcontractor Management
- Support our internal GAIMS operations in maintaining a current group of qualified subcontractors for employment across the country.
- Work to improve relationships with subcontractors who may temporarily fall below our health and safety expectations.
- Project and Office Health and Safety Audits and Reviews
- Establish a uniform protocol for post-project H&S reviews.
- Conduct post-project H&S reviews, as necessary, to gather lessons learned and improve conditions for future trips to each project site.
- Review GP6 office-level audits, identifying opportunities for improvement.
P&A Site Visit Follow-up Actions, and Lessons-Learned
- Review all P&A site visit documents, identifying outcomes, and following-up on learnings.
- Report quarterly on observations that may represent opportunities for improvement nationally.
New Program Development – Initiative Participation
- Lead efforts, as necessary, for the development of new standard work procedures (SWPs), review existing SWPs, respond collaboratively to new program requirements;
- Participate in global initiatives such as HASEP, LDB, subcontractor database, and others, as representative for GAI .
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Environmental Management, Engineering or Sciences;
- High commitment to health and safe work practices;
- 10 years or more combined experience in safety compliance management and engineering and/or sciences;
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions;
- The ability to work both strategically and operationally;
- Self-starter and highly motivated;
- Available for up to 40% business travel and extended hours of work, when required;
- Valid driver’s license
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List