Salary: £35000 - £45000
We are recruiting a Principal Civil Engineer with a proven track record in Civil Engineering projects including shaft and tunnel design to be located within the London area.
The role will involve detailed design of various tunnelling schemes in the UK and overseas. The projects vary in size from utility tunnels to major transportation tunnels in both rock and soft ground.
Key duties will include:
• Leading a team of engineers and technicians
• Detailed design and analysis of structures, shafts, tunnels including the preparation of work for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate
• Project management from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme and cost monitoring
• Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
• Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
• Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Must be a chartered engineer preferably with MICE or MIStructE
• Must have tunnelling experience preferably with SCL and bored tunnels
• Be familiar with UK standards and equivalent Eurocodes
• Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers requirements
This role comes with a competitive salary and company benefits.