Skye require an experienced mining engineer to work within an international organisation who have multiple operations across the globe and are expanding rapidly in WA.
This position offers fast career progression, the predecessor was promoted in just under 12 months and they are now entering an exciting expansion phase in exploration and production.
You will be 2IC to the mine manager and run the operation back to back from him
If you are looking to step up and have management experience then this may be the role for you.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervision of the key mining contractors on site.
- Monitor KPIs for the project in conjunction with the Mine Manager.
- Assist with the compilation of annual budgets and intermediate re-forecasts.
- Direct and manage mine planning and scheduling to ensure delivery of performance objectives.
- Provide reports on performance and compliance as required.
- Investigate incidents and communicate and implement improvements identified.
- Safety performance of the site
- Environmental performance, cost effectiveness and production
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Tertiary Mining Engineering qualifications
- 7+ years experience in open cut mining operations
- Surpac mining software experience
- Hold an unrestricted Quarry Managers certificate
- Strong safety and efficiency focus
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
In return for your expertise you will be offered a competitive salary package with a high bonus structure, excellent staff benefits and incentives, also the opportunity to develop your career with a mining company who value your contribution and ideas.