WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
Be part of the exciting growth and expansion of the Horizon Oil Sands. The Horizon Oil Sands mine began operations in 2009 – this is a young mine with barrels of potential for you to make your mark! Due to the massive resource base, the mine and plant facilities are expected to produce for decades to come without production declines normally associated with crude oil production.
• Share your experience and technical mine planning expertise to advance and optimize the Horizon Oil Sands open pit mine
• Implement strategies to improve efficiencies, processes and technology while collaborating with the mine operations team to ensure plan optimization
• Take an active role in the design, development and implementation of annual and life planning of the mine
• Monitor stewardship to the long Range Plans and to Canadian Natural’s regulatory reporting requirements
• Mentor and develop junior mining engineers
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
With a proven track record of creating successful mine plans, you will implement your new and innovative ideas to overcome complex open pit mining challenges.
• Provide a framework for continuous mine improvement in the following areas:
o Budget preparation
o Equipment specification and selection
o Reliability and efficiency modeling
o Mine equipment productivity analysis
o Hazard analysis reviews
• Prepare reserve/resource statements and various regulatory submissions
• Maintain, process and update the Horizon mine scheduling and costing models
• Work with Mintec Minesight software package
• Degree in Mine Engineering (or possibly civil engineering with a mining background) with 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a similar role
• Eligible for registration with APEGA
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.