Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783268 Job Summary
Lead Turnaround Planner – Horizon Oil Sands
Employer Job Id:
July 7, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
July 19, 2012
Lead Turnaround Planner – Horizon Oil Sands
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
The Lead Turnaround Planner is responsible for the preparation of the overall turnaround plan, estimates and schedule. The role will lead a team of Planners to ensure the collation of all relevant information and present in a manner that the turnaround work can be executed and monitored as expediently and economically as possible.
- Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Further your career at a supervisory level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
- Oversee team workload and processes to optimize effectiveness and efficiency
- Take part in hiring, training and performance management to develop your team both as a group and individually
- Maintain and align team workload, output and process to ensure that team efforts contribute to and align with wider business objectives and practices
- Review historical records of previously executed Turnaround work, collate information and develop data for assessing and planning the proposed Turnaround project
- Develop the Turnaround scope of work and a preliminary schedule from work requests and scheduled work requirements
- Monitor and maintain a continual update of the work requirements, simultaneously coordinating other Contracts or Projects that are to be run in conjunction with the proposed Turnaround
- Identify and monitor items which could be potentially problematic with regard to the satisfactory execution and progress of the Turnaround
- Develop the planned schedule using the approved CNRL planning systems for determining progress and completion requirements
- Provide printouts of preliminary schedules and reports for Turnaround Management review meetings
- Introduce approved work scope change requests into the proposed schedule, and project their impact upon the Turnaround Plan
- Initiate requisitions for equipment spare parts and replacements based upon Planners’ information
- Maintain a continual update of the planning schedule to accommodate and to reflect additional work, or scope changes
- Oversee and check the preparation of field work packages
- Collate, prepare and present information and data to address manpower forecasts, budget preparation and cost forecasts
- Provide individual work scope labor/man-hour estimates to Managers and Field Coordinators
- Supervise the preparation of possible scenarios based on directives by the Turnaround Manager
- Liaise and coordinate with production planning
- Review and compare actual field progress reports and data with the planned projections
- Responsible for the introduction of revised information into the Planning System accordingly
- Flag concerns and potential problems, immediately advising the Turnaround Managers
- Monitor delays, reasons/duration/impact, due to: work permits, labor shortages, additional work, weather, etc.
- Attend Turnaround daily Shift Meetings and submit verbal Turnaround assessment reports
- Produce planned daily work schedules
- Liaise with other site Business Units via production planning for the status of common system and critical path work items. Such information is to be introduced into the plan and determine impact and consequences
- Identify and monitor the completion of work, and availability of associated equipment for a formal turnover to Operations in anticipation of plant startup
- Develop a post Turnaround activities review plan and associated monitoring
- Check the actual duration of individual jobs prior to the submission of the information to cost control for budget reconciliation
- Develop a Turnaround Critique and report
- Supervise and assist in the updating of all work packages and equipment history files
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
- Typically 15+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree
- Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
- Experience of completing at least one successful turnaround
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Instrumentation, electrical, estimation and planning
- A wide range of plants and equipment
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List