Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783392 Job Summary
Reliability Cost Maintenance Engineer - Horizon Oil Sands
Employer Job Id:
July 7, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
August 1, 2012
Reliability Cost Maintenance Engineer - Horizon Oil Sands
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
The Reliability Cost Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the development of the mine maintenance annual budget and long range plan. You will produce and maintain a monthly maintenance budget forecast which will be used as a comparison against the annual budget to ensure compliance.
This is a role which will combine engineering with financial analysis and will offer the chance to utilize and develop in both disciplines. The role has a strong strategic element and will gain exposure to senior management and challenging planning and budgeting activity.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
- Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
- Collect, consolidate, organize and manage data from disparate sources and transform them into useful information
- Prepare and analyze monthly and yearly maintenance cost forecasts
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of mine maintenance monthly expenditures for all areas
- Monitor forecasted against actual monthly costs and produce a monthly variance report
- Produce and monitor a maintenance activity cost report on time, labor, parts and material costs for maintenance activities
- Implement and maintain a process to analyze costs by machine model, tranche and cost types
- Conduct cost analysis on historical costs by machine model and cost types
- Ensure data integrity by identifying and remedying causes for posting errors
- Liaise with mine engineering costing department as required to identify and mitigate costing issues related to labour and materials
- Ensure performance and costing forecast documents are kept current with all relevant information listed and that documents are completed in full
- Conduct a post analysis review of maintenance activities conducted monthly producing an after action report emphasizing improvements to our policies and procedures
- Develop new and administer existing business applications including building adhoc reports and adhoc analysis
- Identify concerns and potential maintenance issues with recommended actions related to either mine maintenance performance or maintenance costing issues to management
- Ensure the mine maintenance program reflects current maintenance requirements and make recommendations on improvement to management
- Ensure Continuous Improvement is exploited relating to performance and costing maintenance practices and procedures
- Provide support to business unit practices that result in improved information analysis
- Maintain effective communication with vendors, maintenance tradesmen, management, supervision, and warehouse, procurement staff
- Assist the planning staff in the development of an effective long range maintenance plan
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
- Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Engineering degree (preferably Mechanical)
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Maintenance performance analysis and/or maintenance costing
- Cost engineering, utilization reporting and accounting
- Financial management programs
- Computer maintenance programs preferably JD Edwards E1
- Equipment maintenance and mining operations
- Vendor Maintenance Support Programs, COCP or RAMP
- Gathering and interpreting key performance indicators (KPIs)
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List