Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783592 Job Summary
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Employer Job Id:
July 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 4, 2012
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose [Company]
Responsible for the following:
- Responsible for PETN/Cast Booster manufacturing processes including PETN nitration, booster manufacturing, stabilizer operations and associated ancillary services.
- To assist and support the department with PSM, Quality, Environmental and regulatory compliance issues.
- To provide engineering support for continuous improvement.
- To comply with Research and Development with respect to product change management and process improvements.
- Supply justifications to DNA management staff for capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations
- Maintain compliance with ISO 9001-2008.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to inspire and engage employees with respect to continuous improvement and process changes.
- Must employ LEAN principles in all areas of responsibility to reduce costs and eliminate waste.
- Assure compliance with all engineering standards and be responsible for record keeping of all engineering, quality and process change documentation in accordance with ISO requirements.
- Major Challenges:
- Finding available time in a full production schedule to complete projects, PM’s and maintenance actions.
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
- Ability to maintain focus, stamina and optimism in the face of immediate or continuing obstacles.
- Ability to bring new insights to the business, inspire and engage employees while holding people accountable.
- Maintain awareness of self and others. Must work well with others in a matrix environment.
- Technical Competencies
- Education: BS Degree (ChE preferred). Advanced study in chemical, mechanical, electrical, process or design engineering required.
- Experience: 5 – 8 years’ experience in engineering area preferred.
- Technical: Computer literacy in MS Windows. Experience with SAP and preventative maintenance programs is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements (Required in USA)
- The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Refer to PD Guidelines).
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses and shoes as required by site specific requirements.
- Requires sitting, stooping, and kneeling, the use of hands and fingers, walking short distances and the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in various conditions and locations on site and at other Dyno Nobel locations. While working in this position there may be some travel involved to provide support for other sites or for training purposes.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List