Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783622 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 6, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 4, 2012
- Responsible for administering and planning the day-to-day processes to deliver Health and Welfare group benefit programs; including but not limited to group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans, 401(k) retirement savings plan, Profit Sharing plan, health savings accounts and wellness initiatives. Provide excellent customer service and quality benefit plans.
- Oversee and administer retirement plans.
- Participate as an advisor to the ESRP committee. Manages and coordinates retirement planning activities.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; meeting all deadlines, key dates, and assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings and payments.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency while maximizing return on investment of technology and systems to support benefits delivery.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors & third party administrators; determine the best plan options by working with them.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Prepare employee orientation packages to increase understanding of programs and access to benefit support systems and information.
- Act as advocate and liaison in communicating with internal customers and carriers to ensure service quality. Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations to assist employees, their covered dependents, management, vendors, and carriers.
- Coordinate employees’ leaves of absences while maintaining compliance with federal and state laws.
- Develop, maintain and promote employee Intranet Benefits site and ensure employees’ awareness of access for enrollment, status changes, dependent reporting and actions, and links to carrier information.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintenance of employee benefits files and updating of employee payroll records.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Implement and maintain Group Benefits databases and Lawson benefit records.
- Prepare regular benefit reports extracting data from the database. Provide the technical support, test system functionality and work with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Assist management with the annual benefit plan renewal process.
- Review both short and long range cost estimates/ projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefit programs and implementation of new programs. Investigate and recommend new benefit programs and improve existing programs.
- Assist in reviewing the company’s benefit plans, policies, and procedures to ensure legal compliance with government regulations.
- Coordinate benefit setup, deductions and compliance reporting issues with HRIS, Human Resources staff, TPA’s, carriers and tax compliance staff.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Empire's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills And Abilities:
- Customer service orientation and positive, helpful attitude are essential attributes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Health and Welfare plans and their related compliance regulations and legislative updates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans and their related compliance regulations and legislative updates, including qualified and non-qualified plans.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to determine proper course of action to resolve escalated customer service issues.
- Ability to interpret plan procedures and policies.
- Competence to recommend and provide advice on benefit enhancements and changes. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on plan proposals (RFP’s) and benefit contracts language.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience required.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125,, Medicare, OBRA, USERRA, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- PHR and CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, email, and HRIS systems.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate.
Must have a Bachelor's degree and three to five years' related benefits or employee benefit administration experience.
Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers -Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on plan proposals (RFP's) and benefit contracts language.
PHR and CEBS professional designations preferred.
Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, -Lotus Notes, Cognos, and Lawson are preferred.
Knowledge of company policies and procedures is necessary.
Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
Customer service orientation and positive, helpful attitude are essential attributes.
Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
Ability to determine proper course of action to resolve escalated customer service issues.
Ability to interpret plan procedures and policies.
Competence to recommend and give advice on benefit enhancements and changes.
Position requires limited supervision and direction.
Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following: operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to federal safety regulations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List