- Australia s second largest producer in their chosen sector.
- Residential or Fly in Fly Out available.
- Attractive salary package.
As a Senior Exploration Geologist you will join a highly technical and long-standing Project Team to assist with the evaluation and interpretation of various projects across multiple sites & open pits. Reporting directly to the Geology Manager, you and the team will be responsible for ensuring all geological activities are completed safely within the allotted time frame
Responsibilities for this role are:
Provide geological support and knowledge to the Exploration Team.
Be the owner of Geotechnical monitoring systems and investigation processes.
Developing targets, planning and supervision of drilling programs.
Implementation of 6 Sigma Processes to the mining operation for process improvement.
Provide cross business support for internal customer quality issues.
Data collection and evaluation to identify areas of opportunity.
This role will focus on providing mentoring and development for geologists, as training and development are key strong points with this organisation.
- Degree in Geology or Mining Related Discipline.
- Min 5>7 years in similair role.
- Experience in a mining environment.
- A working knowledge of 3D geological software.
- The ability to communicate with others.
- Demonstrated experience managing geological functions in an open cut mining operation.
- Keen interest in coaching and mentoring Geologists.
This is the perfect opportunity to progress your career with one of Australia’s leading mining organization.