Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783633 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
New Columbia, PA
July 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 4, 2012
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] , a division of[Company] , designs and manufactures industrial ovens, environmental simulation test chambers, heat treating ovens, non-ferrous melting furnaces, crystal growing equipment. The [Company] family of brands includes Tenney, Blue M, Gruenberg, Lindberg, MPH, and Kayex.
- The Tenney, Blue M and Gruenberg brands are designed and manufactured in White Deer, PA. The Tenney product brand offers one of the most comprehensive lines of environmental test chambers and rooms in the industry. The Blue M product brand is recognized in the industry as a leader in the design, manufacture and support of industrial ovens, inline curing ovens, light industrial furnaces, custom industrial ovens, and ASTM test ovens. The Gruenberg product brand is recognized as a leader in the manufacture of industrial ovens including class 100 sterilizers, continuous process explosion-proof dryers, isolators and barrier systems, and a variety of thermal process systems for biotech, medical devices, and diagnostic products.
- This position is responsible for fabricating crates, packing units and assisting with requisitioning transportation from freight carriers to ship products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads shipping orders to determine best method of shipment and type of transportation needed.
- Reads blueprints, shipping notices, and other specifications, and inspects product to determine size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and braces to be used.
- Lays out dimensions on materials with ruler, measuring tape, and pencil.
- Saws materials to size, assembles materials and places product in container.
- Bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid, wraps and pads product with excelsior, paper or other packing material.
- Builds crate around large or odd shaped articles, nails cover on crate and packs units as specified for secure shipping to customers.
- Affixes identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained on crate.
- Repairs broken crates, counts items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders, weighs loaded crate and moves container to shipping area, and moves lumber, paper, and other wrapping supplies to crating area.
- Assists in contacting carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for loading products.
- Annotates shipping orders to inform shipping department of loading location and time of arrival of transportation.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Performs other clerical tasks such as typing and mailing bills, typing correspondence, and keeping files.
- Performs general maintenance of tools and equipment and maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Willingly assist with problem solving and react to all needs with a high degree of urgency.
- Knowledge of operation and basic preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Act as a liaison between co-workers and all departments.
- Assist in maintaining schedule to meet customer expectations.
- Education and/or Experience: Six to twelve months experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, including MS Office.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift license is required.
- Must be willing to work on a modified first shift schedule to meet shipping deadlines and be available when transportation arrives. Must be able to work overtime on an as-needed basis in order to maintain production and shipping deadlines, especially during month/quarter-ends.
- Ability to read a tape measure and operate carpentry tools such as saws, nail guns, screw guns, etc.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List