Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783635 Job Summary
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Employer Job Id:
July 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 4, 2012
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration. Recognized for its leading brands and turnkey systems capability, the Flow Technology segment has global operations which serve the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
- Plans and coordinates global environmental, health and safety program to control environmental hazards, ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties.
- Develops and implements programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility.
- Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues such as chemical exposure, smoke, fumes, noise, temperatures, dusts, vapors, mists, gases, solvents, lighting, and ergonomics which are known or suspected of being real or potential detriments to health.
- Performs safety measurements, safety evaluations, and hazardous waste evaluations.
- Develops or provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining material data sheets.
- Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
- Monitors the company's health standards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health. Develops and implements a program and system to track and evaluate worker injuries.
- Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and government regulations.
- Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues related to health and safety.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, proper use of personal protective equipment, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Coordinates Forklift Safety training program and certifies employees for proper equipment operation.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies. Maintains safety files and records.
- Assists management to prepare safety and health budget.
- Experienced in addressing a wide range of EHS issues for assigned location, including those related to waste management, water/wastewater, air emissions, hazardous substances and environmental remediation.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills.
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time.
- Relies on experience, expertise, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks with minimal direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus in defined region (EMEA – German and Danish)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in environmental engineering, with hands-on safety experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related position, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Experienced in standard concepts, practices and procedures within the environmental, health, safety field.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List