WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
The Civil/Structural Engineer will be responsible for the design of new structures and foundations as well as modifications to existing structures. The role will provide a high level of expertise in project related technical specialist skills regarding all aspects of civil and structural engineering:
• Soils analysis
• Major equipment and tower foundations
• Dynamic analysis
• Concrete and structural steel design
• Vibration analysis
• Seismic design
The role will support the technical needs of the facilities in keeping with Project Execution Plan objectives, regulatory limits, company expectations, engineering procedures, and standards.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Prepare detailed engineering including cost estimates for work proposals, and review ‘bid’ packages to contribute to increasing cost efficiency and production
• Make recommendations for changes to both new and existing structures, and through reviewing and auditing project work, you will assist in improving reliability, safety operability and maintainability
• Develop, review and maintain all engineering standards and specifications relating to civil structural engineering for the project
• Carry out minor survey works for small new works and infrastructure modifications
• Prepare detailed cost estimates for in-house engineering work proposals using information provided by Canadian Natural cost engineers
• Review and comment on structural engineering ‘bid’ packages
• Carry out design reviews
• Carry out calculations for structural modification work and for load-lifting studies
• Assist maintenance team with procedures, and civil/structural clarification of work packages as required (field deviations requests for standards and procedures)
• Review shop drawings for structural adequacy
• Review structural fabrication processes
• Carry out squad checks on structural drawings, documents and calculations by others
• Conduct audits of contractors, suppliers and fabricators when required
• Interface with constructors
• Provide field engineering support to area construction managers
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Civil or Structural Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
• STAAD Pro computer design (experience with Microstation and AutoCAD would be advantageous)
• hands on support of work teams
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.