Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
783640 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
January 3, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
March 3, 2013
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration. Recognized for its leading brands and turnkey systems capability, the Flow Technology segment has global operations which serve the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
- Actively involved in engineering, designing, developing, testing and documenting software enhancements. Design and integrate software to aid the company’s sales and engineering teams. Support existing software by managing data, assisting customers with technical issues and fixing bugs.
- Duties may also include configuration and release engineering.
- Applies programming techniques and product knowledge toward Engineering activities.
- Provides analysis and investigation and resolution of software engineering tasks.
- Participates in the definition of design specifications/parameters.
- Plans, documents and carries out software module testing.
- May be responsible for integration testing. Supports software modules during Test and Evaluation.
- 7Design requirements in software include:
- Develop Heat Transfer algorithm as defined by Engineering colleagues
- Design configuration of the heat exchanger
- Price algorithms and database of heat exchanger that is subject to change
- Automating production of a high level CAD drawing
- Participate in writing and/or create documentation packages for use by manufacturing, assembly and service.
- Integration and automation of engineering systems.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with strong software development skills, or B.S. in Mathematics/Physics with strong software development skills
- CAD experience required
- C++, C#
- Microsoft .NET
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills required
- Heat Transfer/Fluid Flow
- Database Architecture
- SAP experience preferred
- 3D Design
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List