Our client is a global engineering, construction and maintenance business who has built a reputation as a globally recognised tier one contractor. In Western Australia they are synonymous with delivering large scale and Marine Projects and Port Expansion developments for the major miners.
They continue to redefine the benchmark in terms of workmanship and professionalism. With a number of new project awards and approval for funding to execute high profile Marine and Port works the necessity to maintain a positive safety culture is embraced on various sites throughout WA is an ongoing commitment.
As the HSE Coordinator you will be a key member of the Engineering Construction Divisional HSE Team. This will be an exciting opportunity to work within a corporate environment in Perth with the requirement to undertake regular site inspections. While you will play an integral role in the successful implementation of a robust HSE management plan across various projects, the key responsibilities for this position will be at a corporate level for compliance and promoting the HSE Management System and training staff in both content and implementation.
Reporting directly to the regional construction manager and functionally to Corporate HSE management this position will resonate with analytically minded individuals who are experienced in coordinating/developing external audit procedures. Those who can demonstrate a sound aptitude in the application of HSE management principles and systems within the construction industry will be particularly well regarded. However those with a background in civil & marine construction projects will be first choice candidates.
You will need to be both dynamic and sensitive with high level corporate communication skills and extensive knowledge of HSE Management systems. In return this role offers the opportunity to grow your career with a progressive organisation that recognises and rewards commitment and drive.
With leading management systems and a clear reporting structure this role will suit focused and ambitious HSE Management professional with the drive and energy to undertake the following accountabilities;
- Maintain regional records with coordination of the HSE Management System
- Ensure compliance to client site HSE procedures and requirements
- Co-ordinate Regional Induction Training
- Authorise stop work and mitigate non compliance issues
- Co-ordinate consistent implementation of the HSE sections of IMS across various projects
- Carry out planned internal & external audits and report to management on the effectiveness
- Assist in identifying HSE training (and awareness) needs for the project
- Review incident reports and participate in investigations
- Provide input and advice to tender team
This position will be offering an excellent salary package travel opportunities a, exposure to Multiple projects and locations and have support of a professional and highly experienced HSE Management team.
To be considered for the positions it is essential you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in related discipline construction
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Internal auditor certification for Safety & Environmental Management Systems
- 5 years minimum experience in similar position with a Tier 1 Civil or Marine construction contractor is a must
- Effective Written & Verbal communication skills
Don’t miss out on this rare and exciting opportunity. All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.