Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
784247 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 7, 2012
September 5, 2012
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers.
The Safety Analyst will support the Corporate Safety Department with a wide range of data analysis, executive support and administrative related tasks. The Safety Analyst will be responsible for compiling and analyzing the safety Statistics to provide reporting (Standardized and Customized) and trend identification and communication at the Corporate, Group, District and Project levels. The Safety Analyst will have responsibility to facilitate system training, provide user support and encourage adoption of new systems. The Safety Analyst will provide exceptional customer service in all interactions with internal and external customers as they are considered a representative of the Corporate Safety Department.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports to be distributed by the Corporate Safety Department
- Analyze and prepare statistics in order to detect, evaluate and respond to trends/patterns
- Become system super user and facilitate training of new and existing systems
- Interact with and support the Corporate and Infrastructure Safety Director’s in their duties
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, expense reports and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software
- Perform some general office duties
- High school degree or equivalent, relevant college degree preferred
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and help implement solutions
- Database experience preferred
- High level of detail orientation, with ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage a high volume workload, work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Being honest and ethical
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List