Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
784255 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 7, 2012
September 5, 2012
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation . Based in Dallas, Texas, our operations includes signal systems, overhead contact systems, traction power and communications systems for clients nationwide.
Do you think you have the ability to be the “Front Lines” of the engineering effort on a construction project? Are you able to master and execute all aspects of administrative and technical project controls? Do you have an unyielding desire to build work at the lowest cost while elevating our safety and quality programs? If so, then our team is looking for you. We’d like someone with proven construction experience and a particular passion for building best-in-class construction projects. We are a team that is working towards some pretty lofty goals. This position will initially be located in the US; however, the position requires the ability to relocate to Canada. As we keep working hard, we have plenty of fun along the way and stay focused on helping execute our long term strategic goals. Can you keep up and are you ready?
This position will typically report into a Project Engineer or Job Superintendent. You will also have responsibility for ensuring crews are being trained and developed on utilizing solid project controls and fundamentals. You are the first line of contact to some of the most important project we build.
- Direct or assist with all project Safety, Quality and Compliance programs and processes. This is our first and foremost focus
- Manages all quantity and production records. One of the essentials of continuous improvement is keeping accurate and detailed records of our past performance. Once the processes are in place, a thorough and organized document control system is a must
- Develop and implement project contract administration plans. This can be a critical task including; risk analysis, tracking, change order coordination and owner communications. This is all possible by your intimate knowledge of the projects plans and specifications
- Subcontractor and Material Supplier management and coordination. This can range from communications, agreements and contracts, drawings and submittals, owner clarifications and payment accuracy and timeliness
- We can’t forget about the field operations. You will have a big hand in work plans, access, engineering calculations, etc.
- We need to strive for continuous improvement. You will help us find better ways to build our work through time studies, operational analysis, tools and technology.
- There’s much more including Surveying, Traffic Control, Temporary Structures, Utility Coordination, Materials and Tools and Equipment Management. Again, you will be involved in all aspects of your project – it needs your support
- This position requires just the right person with a motor that never stops running and has the ability to help lead the effort in developing our project controls and Field Engineers. Think you have what it takes?
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree (B. S. in Engineering, Construction Management or related field of study) from four-year College or University or a 2-year Technical Diploma in Canada
- Must have or be able to obtain work authorization in the US and Canada
- Must be willing to relocate initially and on an as-needed basis
- Must have a combination of skills in project controls tools, estimating, cost engineering, scheduling, construction management and / or corporate business management acumen
- Related experience in the transit or electrical industry is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Primavera, and Construction Accounting Software
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List