Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
784319 Job Summary
Continuous Improvement Lead - ROIC
Employer Job Id:
July 7, 2012
September 5, 2012
Continuous Improvement Lead - ROIC
- The Mosaic Company , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Continuous Improvement Lead - ROIC?
- We are currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Lead - ROIC for our FishHawk, Florida location. This position will develop knowledge within a Phosphate Concentrates or Mining Operation that supports a continuous improvement foundation. Develop and execute transformation plans according to needs at any location. Transfer the learning and standards developed to other facilities through charters organized by the Mine to Manufacturing (M2M) Council.
- We are currently recruiting for 2 CI Lead positions.
What will you do?
- Plan - Long-term planning and strategy to execute transformations at locations. Developing countermeasures to be enacted based on pre-determined measurable outputs at pre-determined times. Insure all “workstreams” develop executable plans that consider the customer’s needs and each other’s requirements make adjustments if customer needs or other conflicts could negatively affect the plan. Long-term planning to insure Mosaic has a continuous improvement strategy that is efficient and sustainable.
- Coach – Once training is complete to explain standards and behaviors within any aspect of continuous improvement coaching is the key to improve the quality of the behaviors and skills improvement. The Lead should create coaching plans if needed and then insure that coaching is occurring after any skills are taught.
- Develop – This includes self and others. CI Lead should recognize needs for development within the team/site and customize a development plan with timing and achievement levels defined. CI Lead should understand needs for development in general for transformations and be able to architect a development plan that includes resource requirements, timing, and understanding levels that can be measured to verify development effectiveness.
- Continuous Improvement direct effort – The CI Lead should participate in efforts with regular involvement to understand the quality of the efforts, to role model behaviors, and to plan development and coaching based on observations. The CI Lead should also understand where opportunity exists and how well it is being captured. The CI Lead should work to influence leaders to capture value in strategic ways.
- Other – Report and communicate progress as needed. Seek best practices and standardize them into ROIC and transformations. Coordinate with other ROIC and CI team members to understand needs (training, personnel, tools, etc.) and then efficiently address them as warranted and within all the competing priorities.
- Bachelors degree in Technical/Business related discipline required.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience; demonstrated leadership and continuous improvement experience with an understanding of the dynamics of interpersonal relationships and statistical methodologies.
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Experience creating and executing Continuous Improvement activities that drive organizational results and change.
- Formal training in Change Management, Continuous Improvement (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizan, Workout), Performance Management.
- Significant experience in two or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, 8-step problem solving, asset management, cost/life cycle analysis, maintenance/reliability, industrial process systems. Expertise in all of these areas may not be required, as needs will be assessed against the capabilities of the CI staff.
- Microsoft MS Office Suite, familiarity with plant operations software (i.e., PI, OIS and MOIS) and statistical analysis software.
- Very strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills (without authority), with ability to use fact-based and well-thought-out arguments to challenge all levels or change behavior/techniques as required.
- Ability to hold performance dialogues and identify root-causes of problems with all levels of the organizations. Drives to actionable outcomes and follows up on results.
- Proficiency in training, communication, presentations skills and development of materials.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List