CareerMine Job Id:
784405 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 21, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 21, 2013
- Founded in Canada in 1960, [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The [Company] Sacramento office is currently seeking a Project or Senior level Geochemist to provide support in civil, solid waste and environmental projects. Responsibilities will include conducting, directing and reviewing technical studies. Focus will include assisting with proposals and business/client development. Technical studies generally include geochemical evaluations for the mining industry related to waste characterization, ARD prediction and water management. Working knowledge of hydrogeology and geochemical modeling experience with PHREEQC and/or The Geochemist’s Workbench is a plus.
- Provide support, direction and supervision of geochemical projects, specifically in mining environments;
- Conducting geochemical characterization studies (soil, mine wastes, ore), associated groundwater and surface collection, and other environmental investigations;
- Collection, management and analysis of geochemical data; and
- Water quality and geochemical modeling, report preparation and review.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Masters or PhD degree in Geochemistry, Hydrogeology, Geology, Environmental Science or related field, ideally with a focus on mining-related activities.
- Strong, all-round academic knowledge of geochemistry, surface water and groundwater interactions, hydrology, water treatment and physical and chemical hydrogeology.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience conducting and assessing geochemistry projects.
- Ability to plan and execute field programs with knowledge of proper sampling techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to track budgets and schedules for large interdisciplinary projects.
- Desire to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues in a readily-understood format. Experience with industry-standard geochemical software (PHREEQC, Geochemist Workbench, AquaChem, etc).
- Strong abilities with respect to data manipulation (e.g., EXCEL, ACCESS, PYTHON).
- Familiarity with guidance documents used for mine waste characterization and mine water quality prediction (e.g., MEND, GARD Guide)
- All candidates must have excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- A proficiency in spoken and written Spanish is highly advantageous.
- Strong commitment to quality and timely delivery of services.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and critical thinking skills are essential.
- Ability to work in large, multi-disciplinary teams to support large projects across several geographically-distributed offices is required.
- Knowledge of other mining-related disciplines would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of organic contaminants, radionuclide chemistry, or other environmentally-focused geochemical issues is beneficial.
- Understanding of hydrogeologic concepts as applied to environmental site assessments and investigations strongly preferred.
- Registered professional engineer or geoscientist or willing to apply for registration.
- The candidate must also be eligible for employment status in the U.S. and possess a valid driver’s license. A pre-employment physical including drug screen and background check must be passed.
A CareerMine Job Access Subscription is required to access Response instructions and apply to this job.
Get access to ALL jobs posted in CareerMine for a nominal amount.
Subscribe to CareerMine
CareerMine offers the most mining jobs for the lowest price.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List