This is an excellent opportunity to start a new life down under! Our client is one of Australia's leading civil engineering contractors and is seeking top-class candidates to join their teams on various projects throughout Australia. If you have experience on major infrastructural projects, including; road, rail, mining, water + marine, we want to hear from you! They offer excellent remuneration + relocation packages and will bring you and your family into Australia on a 4 year company 457 sponsored visa (pathway visa to permanent residency after 2 years) Great training and career development programmes also in place.
Project Environmental Manager
Queensland State, Australia
Our client is one of Australia's leading and most diverse national contractors, with 50 years of experience delivering works in building, roads, rail, water, mining services, tunnels, bridges and telco + energy. To date it has successfully delivered some of the country's largest and most important infrastructure and construction projects and is poised to continue this success into the future. This approach has supported the company's rise as a leading provider of high quality projects across diverse disciplines. It has also led to the growth of expert teams dedicated not only to traditional core areas of engineering and building, but also to key specialisations including its national water, telco + energy and mining services businesses.
Administer, implement and maintain the requirements of the environmental management plan for the Project
Provide support and guidance to assist in Project delivery and ensure compliance with the environmental contractual and statutory obligations.
Project Director / Project Manager.
Regional Environmental Manager.
- Environmental Officers
- Department Managers and Staff
- Finance and Pay Office
- Certification Bodies
- Statutory Authorities
- Major Clients + Design Consultants
- Project Subcontractors + Suppliers
- General Public
- Represent company in a professional manner in all dealings with stakeholders, clients, consultants, management, subcontractors, colleagues and subordinates and members of the public.
- Present a professional and ethical image to the Client, subcontractors, consultants and subordinates.
- Assist with the maintenance of External Certification of the Management System in the area of Environmental.
- Audit the project teams, suppliers, subcontractors and sub consultants as necessary.
- Implement the project procedures for each Task Team and audit against the measures included.
- Input into preparation of Project reports.
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted to manage environmental risk
- Coordinate on site environmental activities (baseline reporting, controls and monitoring)
- Coordination of Environmental management activities for Construction Phase
- In the case that Environmental incidents are reported, ensure the incident is fully investigated. Further, recommend that any preventative controls are implemented in a timely manner and the effectiveness of those controls are fully monitored.
- Ensure appropriate environmental emergency preparedness plans are in place and training is provided to appropriate personnel
- Manage the Environment Team's budget.
- Report to Project Manager/Regional Managers as required.
- Demonstrate an awareness of Project and company contractual requirements.
- Advise on Project and company contractual requirements as they apply to environmental issues.
- Review consultant, subcontractor and supplier environmental plans and associated documentation for conformance to contractual requirements
- Formulate and deliver training as required to ensure Project personnel are aware of their responsibilities and to improve their capabilities
10 + years experience
Basic salary: ranges from E65K pa to E85K pa depending upon experience.
Site allowance: 35-40% of Basic salary
Superannuation (pension) contribution
Total package: E95K - E120K
Use of company car