Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
784812 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 9, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 10, 2012
An exciting opportunity exists for a SHEQ Manager at a mine in the Northern Cape to lead the compilation, implementation and execution of the operational business plan regarding health, safety, quality and hygiene/environmental issues. 10 YEARS Experience..
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable HSEQ success in the mining industry
- Demonstrable managerial skills (planning, leading, organising, controlling)
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Report writing skills at Board level
- Professional, excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Demonstrable successes as a manager
- Demonstrable understanding of the mining business environment
- Demonstrable excellence in strategic and operational mine management
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s) to support the role requirements A tertiary business qualification (MDP, EDP, MBA) would be advantageous
- Reporting to the General Manager, the SHEQ Manager will lead a team comprised of an Environmental Officer, 2 Safety Officers, SHEQ Administrator, Occupational Hygienist, and Occupational Medical Practitioner
- Lead the compilation, implementation and execution of the operational business plan regarding health, safety, quality and hygiene/environmental issues
- Oversee a security service to the company.
- Provide a document control service to the company
Role Requirements (Key Performance Areas):
- Lead the compilation, implementation and execution of the operational business plan regarding health, safety, quality (e.g. ISO) and hygiene/environmental issues by:
- Translating the operational strategic plan into a business plan (including meeting of statutory and ISO objectives) in consultation with the General Manager
- Ensuring the delegation of objectives to HSEQ personnel within a control framework to ensure that objectives are continuously monitored, achieved and reported upon
- Taking appropriate action when it becomes evident that operational objectives may not be achieved and providing advice and action plans on how the situation could be rectified
- Keeping the General Manager informed regarding progress with the achievement of HSEQ objectives
- Implement and maintain HSEQ systems and processes in a manner that will ensure:
- Continuous improvement regarding HSEQ issues o Elimination of fatalities and reportable incidents
- Accurate reporting information on a regular basis as required by the General Manager and statutory entities
- Highlighting of sub-standard performance, processes and systems o HSEQ employees understanding their roles and being managed in a manner as to perform to the requirements of their roles
- HSEQ equipment being supplied, used and maintained in a manner supportive of the achievement of operational objectives
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List