Job Id #: C12534
Job Title: Thermal Development / Reservoir Engineer
Position Location: Calgary, AB Operations: Oil Sands
Our Client: Our client is an integrated international energy company engaged in exploration and production within Canadian oil sands, integrated gas, refining and marketing. In Canada, the company is a partner in a mining oil sands project and also has 100% interest in various thermal oil sands prospects. The company is seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Thermal Development / Reservoir Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the development planning and execution of our client's SAGD opportunities. The primary role of this position will be to coordinate and support the technical groups (Reservoir, Geology, Facilities, Production, Drilling, Commercial, Regulatory, etc.) in order to progress the company's SAGD prospects.
Reporting Structure: This role reports to the Manager, Subsurface.
- Develop and maintain an integrated reservoir development plans, including
- Project production forecasts
- Well and pad layouts
- Reservoir monitoring schemes
- Water supply and disposal strategies
- Uncertainty analysis
- Business Planning
- Support Commercial Planning to prepare economic evaluations to guide development
- Maintain schedules for all subsurface activities
- Support the drilling and completions engineers with well design and execution
- Provide input and support for regulatory applications
- Present project development plans to executives, JV partners and regulatory agencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3+ years of related experience.
- Professional Engineering designation (PEng.)
- Experience in SAGD project development planning and uncertainty analysis
- Familiarity working directly or indirectly with SAGD reservoir simulations
- Familiarity working with thermal well and facility operations
- Well developed communication and interpretation skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong project management skills
Compensation/Remuneration: Our client offers a package that includes base salary, short term and long term incentives, and a full benefits package.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in Word including job ID #C12534 in the subject line.