Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
785268 Job Summary
Senior Chemical Lab Technician
Employer Job Id:
October 15, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 15, 2012
Senior Chemical Lab Technician
- Must have chemical experience AND be familiar with polymers.
- This is an exciting opportunity, and a newly created position, within [Company] for a Lab Technician to focus on the chemical and polymer applications. Will work in a Corporate Engineering Research and Development Poly Science Laboratory performing industry standard tests and extrapolative tests for new product and process introductions, while maintaining initiatives and project timelines. The interpretation of, and reporting on, test data is based on scientific methodologies, technical training, experience, & industry standards, as prototype specifications are often incomplete during early project development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for mixing new elastomeric (rubber) compounds developed by the principal investigators in a Rubber Dispersion (banbury) Mixer and two roll mill.
- Responsible for proper handling of chemicals per governmental regulations and internal processes and procedures.
- Mold polymeric compounds, and test samples according to Engineering specifications (compression and injection molded slabs and end products)
- Perform material properties testing using the following: compression set, tensile, stress relaxation, long term heat aging, immersion, thermal cycle testing, and other applicable testing as required
- Operate a variety of testing equipment including: Viscometer, Rheometer, differential scanning calorimeter (DSC), FTIR, Karl Fisher (moisture analyzer) etc.
- Record testing conditions and observations accurately in a laboratory notebook, document data electronically, generate test reports.
- Manufacture prototype elastomer products through injection and compression molding.
- Inspect, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment and analytical instruments as required to ensure efficient operations.
- Responsible for ensuring general lab consumables are available in inventory.
- Develop work instructions, process safety reviews, and follow appropriate lab safety protocol.
- Provide creative input and recommendations to the polymer testing and development process based on experience and industry standards.
- Specific policies and procedures have been established by the Engineering Department to provide for the security and accessibility of electronic data and confidential information. It is the responsibility of the employee, in the daily course of doing business, to follow said policies as they relate to document management (see EOG-26). The extent to which departmental research and development information is stored electronically has vastly increased, and will continue to do so. The new Federal rules pertaining to electronic discovery stipulate that substantive email communications constituted "records" under the Federal Records Act. It is therefore the responsibility of each departmental employee to understand their role in communicating via e-mails and that all e-mails must be written/responded to in a professional manner, as outlined in EOG-26.
- Two year degree or higher with polymer compounding experience (preferred rubber compounding)
- Minimum five (5) years polymer lab experience required
- Possess and demonstrates the aptitude for working in a chemical laboratory and a physical testing laboratory
- Industry experience in conducting research experiments and data analysis based on industry standards
- Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures in a chemical environment, in compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word applications
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals including chemists, engineers, and technicians
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Displays respect to job, co-workers and company
- Strong sense of urgency and self-discipline
- Capable of taking verbal and written instruction
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List