Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
785344 Job Summary
Geotechnical Engineer - E&I
Employer Job Id:
July 10, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 8, 2012
Geotechnical Engineer - E&I
- The [Company] organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- The position involves civil engineering and geotechnical discipline related technical work involving components of infrastructure projects focusing on dams and hydropower projects, and to a lesser degree, water and wastewater projects. Duties include civil engineering, management, and marketing tasks that are related to the development of hydropower and dams infrastructure projects during early phases of the project life cycle: preliminary project conceptual planning phase and design phase work, although the individual may participate in projects that have matured to a later stage: construction, testing and start up, operation and maintenance, modification and upgrade, and decommissioning phases. The individual will report to a group leader who will be responsible for assigning and supervising engineering tasks. The individual will be expected to participate in corporate training and professional development activities from time to time.
- Perform civil engineering technical tasks that generally include engineering planning and analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings. Work will be done under the direct supervision of more senior individuals. The individual will be assigned to work in project teams to provide general technical support.
- This is an entry level position, and the individual will participate in a wide range of activities. It is expected that the individual will identify a preferred subject matter area of expertise, and will begin to seek out assignments that advances the subject matter understanding.
- Carry out basic assignments related to study management including assisting in developing work planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Provide basic support in marketing activities, including supporting the development of scope, schedule and budget, preparation of proposal documents, and coordination with marketing support services under the supervision of a more senior individual.
- Participate in training and professional development activities, assist in the preparation of a professional paper or publication for delivery at professional conference or in a journal.
- 6. Position may require some travel and interface with client personnel.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- BS degree in Civil, Hydraulics Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2 years in geo-engineering/ hydro civil engineering experience
- EIT or ability to acquire EIT within 12 months.
- Proficient use of MS Office productivity software and understanding of civil engineering design software tools.
- Excellent team participant, good communications skills, and an ability to author quality technical memoranda and report documents.
- Preferred Specifications: MS Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Must be working toward Professional Registration (PE)
Knowledge and principals of the following:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil and Rock Mechanics
- Slope Stability Analysis
- MS in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- Professional Engineer
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List