Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
785364 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 10, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 8, 2012
- The [Company] organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
- We are currently looking to add a Scientist I to support our Monrovia, California Laboratory location. This is a regular full-time position with benefits.
- Responsible for routine analytical procedures in our laboratory.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for conducting basic chemical or microbiological analyses, and tests which require technical knowledge and techniques.
- Follows standard operating procedures
- Reviews data and takes appropriate corrective action to QC failures
- Performs basic instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Utilizes independent judgment within defined parameters to determine an appropriate approach.
- Conduct MDL/IDOC study and SOP review.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for own work within specified area
- Ability to understand the application of data qualifiers.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures
- Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager
- Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations
- As the employee gains knowledge and experience, the work reviews, checks, and supervision may be reduced.
- BS in Chemistry or applicable field or four years’ experience as a Laboratory Technician
- Prior laboratory experience is a plus.
- Must be available to work overtime including weekends.
- Excellent math and Excel skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be capable of lifting 15 pounds
- This is a regular, full-time position. The position is paid hourly and hours will vary depending upon workload each week.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List