Our client is a market leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancy that provides expert
technical advice, environmental and planning support for a range of sectors including
Renewables, Power and Highways. With a large environmental team they are able to offer a full
range of Ecology and EIA services and work with clients throughout the whole lifecycle of high
profile projects. With a sustained increase in workload there is an urgent requirement for an
experienced Ecologist to join their Stoke-on-Trent office.
- Candidates for this role are anticipated to hold previous ecology experience ideally
gained in a consultancy or public body and will hold demonstrable skills in ecological field
surveying of protected species and habitats (up to extended phase 1 level), technical report
writing and working on ecological mitigation schemes. Specific expertise in Ornithology or Marine
Ecology will be an advantage. Those with Wind Farm, Hydro Power and Highways project
experience will be at an advantage.
- Applicants will ideally hold associate or full membership of IEEM,
and hold at least one protected species licence.
- Applications are sought from candidates with a good academic
background with a BSc / MSc in Ecology / Natural Sciences related discipline. A full clean driving
licence is a requirement of the role.
- Negotiable on skills and experience plus benefits
Working within this progressive consultancy you will have the opportunity to work on large scale
renewable energy and highways developments across Scotland. You will actively be encouraged
to participate in all areas of project work, and to further develop your professional skills and
expertise in your preferred area of ecology.
Typical duties of the role include:
• Undertaking ecological field surveys, protected species, habitat and botanical surveys
• Liaising with clients and stakeholders
• Preparing and reviewing technical reports
• Project and staff management
• GIS mapping / modelling
• Ensuring all work is conducted within current UK and EU legislation
• Assisting in proposal production and business development when appropriate
In addition to a competitive starting salary the consultancy offers excellent career progression
opportunities and a comprehensive benefits scheme which includes a contributory pension,
private healthcare and generous annual leave and subsidised leisure facilities.