Within the company, the newly integrated Exploration business area represents an exciting centre of expertise and career development. Our ambition is to position us as one of the world’s leading exploration companies. By identifying, evaluating and accessing high potential new acreage in priority basins, we prioritise the drilling of more high impact wells in growth and frontier basins.
Principal explorationist positions are available in the London-based exploration units. The positions require a broad knowledge of geology and geophysics that will equip you to contribute to an exploration programme focused on acreage access, prospect generation and maturing, and the drilling of impact prospects.
• You will work in a team conducting local and regional scale evaluations of hydrocarbon potential
• Responsible for regional and local scale seismic mapping, geological models and portfolio evaluations
• Expected to develop and make recommendations to Exploration International management and to take responsibility for timely delivery of projects
• Expected to utilise your internal networks to develop and promote contacts
• Master of Science or PhD degree in geosciences (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of North Sea/UK basins
• A proven track record of identifying, evaluating and accessing new plays would be a significant asset
• Experience of developing geologic models and seismic interpretations in complex subsurface settings
• Strong understanding of basin development, petroleum systems and play/prospect evaluation methods
• Capability and experience with prospect generation and prospect evaluation
• Experience from data room visits, value estimation and bid preparations
We offer in return
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package.