Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
786407 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 11, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 9, 2012
- The Parts Counterperson uses their comprehensive product knowledge, customer and inter-personal relationship skills to effectively and efficiently satisfy General Equipment’s customers’ needs in securing parts. Working with
- Product Managers, Inventory Control and Service Personnel, this person builds knowledge by participating in off-site, in-house and self-study product training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the procurement, filling customer orders, stocking and receiving of construction machinery parts
- Responsible for the completion of parts shipment situations
- Learns online systems to fill in when Part Managers are absent
- Proficient in the various online systems to allow for greater support for the Parts Manager
- Builds knowledge of existing product lines, service standards and procedures
- Acquire parts and other items from vendors in and around the Minot area in a safe and professional manner
- Assists in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
- Attends local, regional, national parts training as requested
- Maintains close, positive working relationships with service and administrative departments
- Performs as directed by Parts and Branch Management
- Additional Job Requirements:
- Has experience in parts sales in a retail environment
- Basic understanding of computer spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications
- Proficient in writing, reading and math
- This individual must be able to prioritize their time as the varying needs of the Parts Managers must be weighed with the needs of both types of customers’ being taken under advisement. It is important for this individual to monitor their time to make both of his/her charges more efficient.
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Must have a positive mental attitude
- This individual must possess the understanding of process flows within an organization
- This individual must be willing to ask questions when necessary
- This individual must be able to communicate with management the tasks at hand, as well as the tasks to be completed to gain feedback necessary to complete the tasks This individual must be able to think ahead and keep in close contact with managers so that information can be communicated in a timely manner
- To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Nature and Scope Of Job:
- Requires prolonged standing with periodic lifting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, and stretching
- Requires ability to push, lift, pull, and/or carry 50 lbs. or more
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record
- The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required. Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List