Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
786881 Job Summary
Entry Level Geologist
Employer Job Id:
July 11, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 9, 2012
Entry Level Geologist
- Founded in Canada in 1960, [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The[Company] . team is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- [Company] . currently seeks an entry level Geologist for our Irvine, California office. The successful applicant will work at the direction of senior geologists and engineers on a variety of field-oriented geological and geotechnical engineering projects in mine engineering, foundation engineering and development of urban infrastructure. Field investigations will support projects for clients in mining, transportation, land development, and solid waste. This position will require the ability to travel, often at short notice, throughout North America and occasionally overseas. During busy periods, travel may comprise from 50-70% of the Candidates work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan field investigations for geotechnical projects under specific work instructions, including scheduling field work and Health and Safety assessments in compliance with [Company] policies
- Perform the field investigations that will include geotechnical drilling and sampling, visual field reconnaissance, and soil and rock logging
- Characterize soils and rock based on field investigations and laboratory tests to support geotechnical analysis and design for major excavation and construction projects
- Prepare of geotechnical boring and test pit logs
- Prepare, analyze and interpret geological and engineering geological data, including engineering and structural geological calculations
- Provide office and field support for fault activity and earthquake hazard assessments in U.S. and for international projects
- Perform construction observation field tests under senior direction. This work includes observation and documentation of geotechnical construction activities, performing in-situ density tests of engineered fill, and observation and testing of other geotechnical construction
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, including writing sections of reports, preparing figures and tables, and working with drafting and reproduction staff to produce final reports under senior direction
- Perform other geological and engineering activities as directed
- Appropriate on-the-job training will be provided.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in geology, engineering geology, geological engineering or similar earth science qualification with 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to work toward California Professional Geologist (PG), Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) and/or California Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The willingness and ability to travel and work in variable field locations. Travel within the United States and other parts of North America will be necessary for many field assignments. International travel can also be expected
- Ability to work independently to solve difficult and unusual geologic and/or engineering problems
- Initiative to understand the purpose of individual tasks and how they relate to overall project objectives
- A professional appearance and excellent teamwork skills;
- Competence in MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for presentation of written work
- Ability to manage subcontractor activities
- A valid US driver's license.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or GIS software is an advantage.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List