Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
786909 Job Summary
Quality Control Technician III
Employer Job Id:
July 11, 2012
Granite Construction Company, Inc
September 9, 2012
Quality Control Technician III
Since 1922 Granite Construction has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At Granite , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!!
- This position is responsible for sampling, testing, and inspecting construction materials or elements in a laboratory or field setting to ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications. Level III technicians must satisfy one of the following standards: (1) test, sample and inspect at least two construction materials or elements in both a laboratory and field setting; or (2) test, sample and inspect at least three construction materials or elements in either a lab or field setting. This is a seasonal position.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Ensure compliance with the supplier and/or owner specifications by collecting and preparing construction material samples. Level III technicians either: (1) test, sample and inspect at least two construction materials in both a laboratory and field setting; or (2) test, sample and inspect at least three construction materials in either a lab or field setting. Construction materials include soil, aggregate, hot mix asphalt (HMA) and Portland cement concrete (PCC).
- Perform quality control testing on at least two of the above construction materials in both a lab and field setting or at least three construction materials in either a lab or field setting.
- Perform inspections on at least two of the above construction materials in both a lab and field setting or at least three construction materials in either a lab or field setting.
- Train level I and II technicians on sampling, testing and inspection of construction materials to prepare them for additional certification.
- Prepare and communicate testing and inspection results to supervisors to ensure quality control standards are satisfied and process changes can be implemented.
- Participate and promote Granite’s safety procedures to promote a safe working environment.
- Comply with OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations in order to perform duties in a safe manner.
- High school diploma required
- Regional or State Agency certification for material being sampled, tested, inspected required
- NICET II certification desired
- WAQTC certification desired
- 2-6 years of related experience required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Basic computer skills, basic proficiency Microsoft Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to consistently abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List