One of Australia’s most prominent Mining companies is heading into an exciting time, with extensive exploration and new projects taking off. This growth has created a number of exciting technical opportunities in South Australia, including the need to appoint Major Smelter Outage Supervisors to work on a contract basis.
The Major Outage Project is a strategically important complex multi-year initiative which requires strong project management discipline to mange and control. A strong overhaul team is being assembled to identify, define, plan execute and then hand over the plant to operations.
A key part of the overhaul team is a multi functional engineering team whose role is to provide quality engineering services to the Overhaul team. The Supervisor will, through their team, provide timely and quality Engineering Services to the overhaul team. Support are required in the following fields:
- Engineering Support
- Engineering projects
Key Tasks include:
- Adherence and strong commitment to site HSEC and Risk Management processes
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to working safely
- Governance - compliance to relevant regulations, codes and standards for overhaul tasks
- Formulate repair methodologies, procedures, QA and ITP plans for the execution teams
- Provision of Engineering advice to the execution teams. e.g. life assessment, welding procedures, material choice, installation procedures, commissioning procedures.
- Assist execution teams in finalising overhaul task scopes
- Lead, mentor prioritise and coordinate the Engineering team activities to meet team KPI’s
- Compliance with project document management procedures
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor in Engineering
- Previous experience leading Project Management or Maintenance teams on heavy industrial process plants
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach to leadership
- Organisational ability to meet tight project deadlines and time lines
- Experience in working with contractors in execution of Project or Major Maintenance tasks
- Problem Solving ability – experience in facilitating team based problem solving such as RCA
- Knowledge of Safety and Technical Risk Assessment methodology
- A collaborative team approach within the overhaul team and site stakeholders – other Engineering, Operating and Maintenance teams
- Experience with use of SAP Business Management system
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MS Office application
Previous experience within engineering support roles will be rewarded with competitive negotiable rates and FIFO offered to the right candidate also available.
With an immediate start available, this is a good opportunity to secure longer term contract work with the outage planned for September 2013.
To apply please follow the links to register with WorkPac and apply.