The successful candidate will be a member of the Kearl Operations Technical Team and will report to the Mine and Tailings Planning Supervisor. The Mine Geomatics Specialist will be responsible for the management of the Kearl Mine survey system and associated data.
Roles and responsibilities for the Geomatics Engineer include:
• Manage the processing and collection of survey data
• QA/QC of all survey data from the field
• Manage / coordinate aerial photography/LIDAR
• Update site wide as-builts
• Document Control
• Volume calculations and reconciliation support
• Interface with GIS personnel / systems
• Supervise contractors / Surveying crew
The successful candidate will be based at the Kearl operating mine site located north of Fort McMurray, and will be working on a fly-in fly-out basis.
Benefits to You
The successful applicant will join a growing oil sands team that will contribute to one of the largest and technically challenging resource development projects in Canada. This position provides an excellent opportunity for professional growth within the organization.
Employment Type Professional Seeking Full-Time Employment
• Certificate/diploma/degree in GIS or Geomatics preferred (will consider Geography or Computer science or related field with appropriate work experience)
• Experience with GIS, Adobe Suite, Autodesk (Mapguide, Maestro, AutoCAD Map), Database (Access, Oracle, etc.), Microsoft office, Google Earth Pro
• Understanding of Cartographic presentation of geospatial data
• Proficiency with a variety of GIS concepts, practices and procedures
• Experience in the mining industry would be an asset
• Experience with any commercial mine planning software package would be an asset.
• Ability to multi-task and balance workloads in a fast paced environment
• Excellent Communicator
• Membership in ASET or provincial equivalent is preferred
• Ability to interact with a team of GIS professionals, engineers, surveyors and operations personnel
• Minimum of 5 years professional work-related experience
Job Location Kearl Site
Application Deadline 31-Aug-2012
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Successful applicants must:
• Be permanently eligible to work in Canada
• Participate in pre-employment background screening
Imperial Oil Limited is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial Oil may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.