Health & Safety Advisor/ERT Coordinator
Location - Based in Blackwater, QLD
Base Salary up to $115K + Super + Bonus +Subsidised Housing + Paid Relocation
This mine is one of Australia's largest independent coal mines. It is a residential coal mine located approximately 45 minutes from Emerald. The company is also currently in an expansion phase. The community in and around the Emerald area is well established with a community hospital, 3 doctor surgery's, preschools, primary schools and high school. With established retail shopping including full size supermarket and smaller shops, and there are also restaurants, hotels and clubs etc.
Ideally you will be experienced in all practical applications of Health and Safety, possesses strong auditing skills, and have the ability to recognise and promote change management. You will also have the ability to improve the safety culture within the workforce and with the necessary skills and experience to coordinate the site based Emergency Response Team Function.
Provision of information and advised on health and safety matters
Coordination of the ERT function and SOP and JSA reviews
Incident investigations and undertaking hazard and housekeeping audits
Injury management and rehabilitation advice
Training delivery of statutory competencies and maintaining relevant documentation and records
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Formal Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a mining, construction or large scale industrial environment
- Experience as an ERT Member or experience coordinating ERT activities
- Knowledge of current rescue competencies
- Knowledge of the Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act and the Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulations
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- RIIRIS301A (QMS1), RIIOHS301A (QMS2), RIICOM301A (QMS3) competencies highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential in this role
- Attractive Remuneration base salary, plus superannuation, individual performance bonuses, roster allowances. Roster is Monday to Friday (7am - 4.00pm) so you will have your weekends free to explore the surrounding area.
- This company also offers subsidised accommodation for most of its positions within the community and will also assist with relocation costs.
If you believe that you have the necessary experience, passion and drive to join this team please apply NOW!