Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789118 Job Summary
Coating Process Engineer
Employer Job Id:
September 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 20, 2012
Coating Process Engineer
- Global Rolled Products (GRP) is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of [Company] rolling operations around the world and is [Company] most global group with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, Australia and Russia.
- This position is part of the Global Engineering and Technology Center of Excellence (CoE) within the Global Rolled Products (GRP) business group within [Company] This business group has several domestic and international locations with various manufacturing facilities. The GRP Center of Excellence for Technology, Engineering, and Operational Excellence consists of several engineers specializing in various technologies and engineering services related to manufacturing of aluminum sheet and plate products.
- Reporting into the Coating Technology Manager the Coating Process Engineer will be accountable for developing coating processes and coating systems (coating systems include cleaning, pretreating, coating and post-lubricant materials) to meet our customer's needs and for identifying and deploying best practices across our global system. Accountability spans the full range of development activities from idea conception to proof of concept, evaluation, selection, development, implementation, and commercialization.
- Interaction with customers and vendors ensuring coating specifications and communicating development objectives
- Function as part of several teams to include safety and environmental considerations, regulatory compliance, pilot scale evaluation, manufacturing economics, supplier development, and customer interactions
- Monitor emerging technologies and evaluating their applicability to our business and customer needs
- Conduct root cause analysis and problem resolution driving for efficiencies in production
- Ensuring that [Company] coating systems and processes are safe, sustainable, and maximize the financial return to our manufacturing facilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Strong ability to identify area of improvement and best practices
- Excellent customer and supplier interfacing skills and the ability to work with a wide range of cross functional teams
- Ability to lead projects and teams
- Proficient Microsoft office skills
- This position could be located in Newburgh, Indiana or [Company] Center (Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania. The job grade could be a JG 16-19 depending on education and qualifications.
- BS in chemical engineering or similar engineering discipline with at least 5 years’ experience with coating applications
- M.S. in chemistry or materials science with an emphasis in polymer science or organic chemistry
In addition to the Basic Qualifications
- MS or Ph.D. in chemical engineering or similar discipline with coating application experience or a Ph.D. in chemistry or materials science with an emphasis in polymer science, organic chemistry, or aluminum surface science.
- Five years’ experience working in packaging coatings / coil coatings, formulation, application processes, performance testing.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List