Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
789123 Job Summary
Design Engineer II
Employer Job Id:
July 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 11, 2012
Design Engineer II
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- Waukesha Electric Systems is recognized as the largest U.S. manufacturer of medium power transformers. Headquartered in Waukesha, WI with other manufacturing facilities in Goldsboro, NC and Dallas, TX, we deliver the highest quality power delivery system products and services to our customers, often custom designed to meet specific requirements or applications.
- This position is responsible for executing the electrical technical designs of transformers The process requires the correct interpretation and application of customer requirements, industry standards, design and manufacturing standards to insure that designs meet our customer requirements at an agreed upon level of performance and reliability.
- Review designs and evaluate for complexity, reliability, ease of manufacture, and profitability.
- Participate in product electrical design work
- Review design results and provide feedback where necessary in order to effectively support marketing schedules and insure that designs meet performance and cost objectives.
- Correctly interpret the product scope to insure proper application of the transformer products.
- Remain current with industry and technical developments and maintain a high level of expertise in designated areas of specialization.
- Maintain designated design, manufacturing and process related documentation.
- Consult with marketing and design engineering staff to understand solutions to meet customer needs.
- Consult with manufacturing process leaders to develop and optimize design solutions at the optimum total cost.
- Participate in the development of design system improvements. May act as design department liaison with other support functions such as IS, operations, etc. Assist in training of junior engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 5 years of experience in design of transformers.
- Product application principles and understanding of specific application requirements.
- Current knowledge of related technology (e.g. - IS technology, heat transfer, magnetic, dielectrics, and materials).
- Strong foundation in basic tenants of product technology, including mechanical design and product testing.
Preferred Education / Experience
- Experience working in a union environment preferred
- Analytical capacity for creative problem-solving, process design and product application, design and development
- Risk management and cost analysis
- Strong planning and scheduling skills
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Business and technical software proficiency from a business system perspective and from an operations perspective
- Strong presentation skills; technical communication skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List